Friday, July 27, 2007

2J 3E and me




I have this quilt top on the wall in my sewing room. It was a friendship quilt we got together to do. The pattern, Millenium Quilt, was from Ev*, to commemorate Joy's return to Oz. Joy, J*cq**, Ev*, Ev@, E/ke and me contributed the blocks to this quilt.

I have yet to quilt the quilt together.

The beige fabric I used as sashing has thread and bobbins on them. I bought them for sr20 a meter at this shop Ev@ found near the @mer/c@n school. I did go back to the shop to purchase more but alas they were all gone!

The Paisley fabric I used as borders was bought for me by Ev@ at T@ib@ market. I must say that I wasn't impressed with the fabric at first, but I was impressed to see what Ev@ did with hers.

While putting the top together I did ruminate about the fabric to use for border and somehow the paisley fabric jumped out to me calling my name. It almost said "Use me! Use me!" I tried many different fabrics and finally relented and used the paisley fabric.

So Joy, yes I never thought about using that border fabric myself until I dreamt about it! :) Can't wait to see yours!

1 comment:

Joy McD said...

I love it! It looks gorgeous! I would never have thought to use that fabric for the borders, but it looks sooooo good!

I have nearly finished my top and will take a photo BEFORE I quilt it or else it will take ages!!!

Love,

Joy