Sunday, July 29, 2007

NYB Practice blocks

I have often admired the NY beauties and even contemplated ordering the book. But somehow I thought that perhaps the patterns would be too complicated for me. Until I found The BOM at Quilter's Corner Club.

Here are my practice blocks:


I quite like the dark sky on this one. The fabric was purchased at the shops near Ranch0. Since it was my practice blocks I simply used the fabrics already sitting out at my sewing table.

The light blue batik fabric was purchase on a Guild trip to Khaleeda towers near Batha. Janet organized a bus and Judy lead the way to the shops there.






I didn't think I did too well with the color combination on this one. I simply rummaged through by scrap tins and found several fabrics to put together.


I was however very pleased with my practice blocks and it inspired me to embark on the project.

Wish me luck!

PS. If you are interested in the project yourself. Click on the link above for the pattern and instructions. You do have to sign up on yahoo groups to get access to the pattern.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sunflora,
You know what? You are an excellent quilter. Just look at the the ponted start you sew precisely. I'm not good at all at following shapes and templates, but I enjoy free motion stitching. I could lend you Patrick Lose's book if you like. My e mail address at my site.

Unknown said...

Sunflora,
Typos, typos...sorry about that. What I meant was,"....look at the pointed stars......"