Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Where will I get my quilting supplies?

Last Monday I took the bus with a friend to the local quilting supplies shop. Upon arrival I saw some men in the shop but it had a "Closed" sign outside. Not satisfied I knocked on the door and asked the men working inside what happened.

He told me that they are packing everything up to Kh0b@r and closing the R/yadh branch.

Yikesss! Joy has warned me about this sometime ago when she met Mr Z@mil himself. But I was hoping that it would be a long time to come. But I guess the time has come. The Al-Z@mil craft store in R/yadh has closed down. No more quilt fabric shop here now. I'd just have to depend on regular fabric stores. Good thing I have spare rulers and rotary cutters. I guess the worst case scenario is a 4 hour drive to Kh0b@r!

A sad day for quilters here I'm sure.

1 comment:

Joy McD said...

Oh no!!! What are you going to do?! I guess at least there are lots more cheap fabric shops at the souk, and then for the rest you'll have to go to the coast... or leave the country :)
What a shame... I'm glad you have extra rulers and stuff though, and probably enough fabric to last a week or two...??!!
Love,
Joy