Saturday, April 12, 2008

Silver lining

I havent had the chance to touch my sewing machine the past couple of weeks due to my current hobby of attending cooking classes with Chef Marianne Mussi. I attended 2 so far, a three course meal class and a chocolate themed class.

I am truly grateful that my DH is very supportive of my hobbies. Be it cooking class or fabric.

I've been busy preparing the house for the arrival of my in laws. Hence the rush to get proper storage space to minimize the clutter, that had built up since their last visit, in the guest room. Very timely actually because I had been procrastinating the trip to IKEA for ages. We finally bit the bullet and went and got the shelves we wanted as well as 2 tables. One for our office and the other for my sewing room.

I have left my sewing room as the last item in my list and look forward to arranging it tomorrow. Truth is I have more fabric than I do have the space to accommodate them. I bought more fabric than I did sew. My weakness really.

With the new table I hope to set up the laptop and my Bernina embroidery module. I was extremely excited when we managed to make Ev's work about 2 weeks ago. It took us 3 heads and about 2 hours. I was very excited.

SO things are shifting towards the right direction. I just need the concentration and the inspiration to put my sewing room in order such that my creativity will be released and I'd be sewing again in now time.

No comments: